Presentation Skills Training
|In-House Course Only|
|This course can be tailored for your organisation for up to 12 people at a location of your choice, on a date of your choice. Call us on 0845 130 5714 or click the make enquiry button below.|
'This course was brilliant. I feel a lot more confident now and I'm very proud of what I've achieved and how far I've come. Better than I could have expected, thank you so much.'Elsevier
'Everyone making presentations should attend this course - even those who think they don't need it!' Elsevier
'I found the course extremely informative and have picked up lots of new tips and knowledge. It was led at the perfect pace to keep interest levels constant and I feel much more confident as a result of the training. Thank you''Thesauras Computer Services Ltd.
What is this course about?
People are being called upon more and more to present their ideas to others. These presentations can range from talks to colleagues or to winning business and supporting written tenders. In this competitive business world, the skill of communicating clearly and convincingly is a highly valuable asset which contributes to business profitability. This course has been devised to support and develop an individual's natural talents and to confirm that they show themselves in the best possible light.
All those attending are asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation on any topic which they can deliver to the group. If visual aids are to be used pleased make sure that these are ready for use.
Who would benefit from this training?
This course is suitable for anyone expected to give presentations to both internal and external parties.
At the end of the course, those who have attended will be able to:
- Examine ways of improving their impact
- Develop their confidence when speaking in public
- Improve their fluency
- Confirm the elements of good practice in presentations techniques
- Perfect their techniques for dealing with questions
- Enhance their image
- Ensure that their presentation is not the reason for business bids being rejected
Key topics covered
- Welcome and personal introductions
- Personal improvement goals
2. Checking the basics
- Preparation - the 5 Ws
- Pattern of the presentation and timing
- Types of presentation and suitability to the occasion
- Prior arrangements
- Delivery - the three influences
- Visual aids - what to use when and where
- The visual aid danger
- When to deal with questions
4. Practical presentations
- Impromptu speaking
- 5 minute presentations previously prepared
- Group / tutor appraisal
5. Practical re-runs
- Repeat of 5 minute presentations
- Group / tutor appraisals
6. Getting decisions to go your way
- Focusing on the audience / client
- Brevity - simplicity - memorability
- Influencing techniques - what's available / what's appropriate
7. Dealing with questions
- Responding rather than reacting
- An assertive and mature style
- How much do you need?
- Developing your personal style
How to ask for feedback
Return to communication skills homepage.
As well as presentation skills training GA also deliver an extensive range of customer service training options.